Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Already Behind

Hello Friends who actually read this blog, I sincerely apologize for not blogging in almost a month. As the name of this blog suggests, things have been busy in our little household. We've been hosting guests (yay), traveling a little, and just keeping up with the day to day busy-ness that is full time jobs, being involved in church and making time for some fun stuff too. I will have an enormous blog to post after this one, catching you up on all the fun things we've been doing lately. I just wanted you all to know that I have not died or fallen off the face of the planet or anything, we're just busy!!!!

On a completely different note, I joined something called emusic (www.emusic.com) over a year ago and let me tell you, one of the best investments I've EVER made!!! You pay a monthly fee (you can choose how much or how little that fee is basically) and then you can buy music off of the website each month. They have lots of good stuff, lots of indie artists as well as mainstream artists. It's helped me limit my music purchases (for the most part) but also allows me to splurge on a guilty pleasure now and then. Right before our last roadtrip (which was last weekend) I went on a little music buying binge. I went a little crazy but every purchase made ended up being wonderful!! So, now I want to tell you about these purchases. I've stumbled across the name Greg Laswell a few times and finally decided to purchase a few of his albums (on emusic) and let me tell you, I'm hooked. He has a crazy range, somewhat Joshua Radin-esque. His voice is like buttah. Seriously. It's smooth and beautiful and gives me goosebumps. I have listened to his album a few times through already and I haven't even owned it for a whole week! Also, I have been a fan of Matt Nathanson for a LONG time. I really enjoy his folky/poppy style and his lyrics are really great. He finally came out with a new album (Modern Love) and I am quite pleased with it. It's definitely more of a pop album than some of his works in the past but I really enjoy it. I would recommend it to a friend for sure! I also bought the new Augustana. I have also been a fan of them for years now. They are quite unique and each album brings about a new facet of their greatness. This new album (self titled) took me a few listens to really start enjoying it, but I have found that some of the albums I like most these days, that ends up being the case. So, if you're looking for some new music check out Greg Laswell if you're in the mood for something a little more mellow, Matt Nathanson if you want some acoustic pop or Augustana for some pop/rock/country/folk hybrid.

I'll try to get my next post up as soon as I can. Thanks for being patient with me.

3 comments:

  1. did you really post this at 6:43 am?????

    don't worry about not blogging for a month. that's nothing! :) looking forward to hearing what you and the hubs have been up to!

    also thanks for sharing your music finds. I have a couple Greg Laswell songs that I bought a year or so ago. I'll have to check him out again.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it was definitely not 6:43am it. The time stamp must be off.

    I figured of anyone, you, Charissa would have heard of Greg Laswell :) Let's get together soon, perhaps you guys can come to visit us this time. We'll make you guys dinner this time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we would love that! maybe we can plan something for September?

    ReplyDelete