Monday, February 6, 2012

Days 6, 7 and 8

So much for blogging my progress everyday. Whoops!! Anyway, here is a quick catch up blog!

Day 6 was probably the hardest day I've had yet. I DESPERATELY wanted something sweet. It was RIDICULOUS how much I wanted some chocolate or ice cream or SOMETHING. I powered through and didn't give in. I ate some carrots to help calm that craving. That seemed to help. It's incrdible how sweet things that have some natural sugars in them taste when you've not been having sugar for even a few days. Crazy. Anyway, I promised to let you know how my tortilla-less fajitas came out. They were pretty good. I think I overseasoned the chicken. Next time I think I'll just stick with simple salt and pepper and then maybe squeeze some lime juice over the meat instead. Overall though, the meal was good and really filling. I made it through day 6 (just barely) and powered on to day 7!

Day 7 was BUSY. I was bound and determined to get some mass cooking done on Saturday since Kevin would be at work and I'd be home to keep myself occupied. So, I loaded up with all kinds of ingredients to make 3 different soups to have throughout the week for lunches or quick dinners. I made a DELICIOUS Gluten-Free White Chicken Chili with Sweet Potatoes and Lime. It turned out SO good I will probably make another (double) batch this week or weekend. Seriously good. You can find the recipe here: www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com. Next up was a Cuban Black Bean Soup. I had to work with this recipe a bit since there were a few things listed that I can't have right now, but still it turned out well. I think when I re-heat it for dinners or lunches this week, I'll have to add some meat or other veggies to it for some added flavor. Of course if I could have cheese or some other goodies like that right now that problem would be solved!! Anyway, all in all, that one turned out well and Kevin even liked it more than I thought he would. I had wanted to start the third soup but ran out of time because we were attending a hockey game for a friend's birthday that evening. That was another point of temptation for me. I desperately wanted some concession food. I'll admit it, I LOVE a good hot dog. I wish it wasn't true, but it just is. The inticing aroma of popcorn was also calling to me (which is an okay food as long as there is not butter on it). I stayed strong and did not give in!! I was very proud of myself, especially because the real test was yet to come on day 8.

Day 8 was the Super Bowl. Kill me right now. I clearly did NOT think this thing through. Anyway, let's start at the beginning of the day. I wanted to make sure I got that third soup made, so I went for it right after church. I made a chicken tortilla soup that I got from www.thepioneerwoman.com and it turned out SO amazing. I had to make a few modifications to that recipe as well, but I have to say, I really like the result. I had some of the chicken chili for lunch and then had the chicken tortilla soup for dinner since it was fresh off the stove!! Then, we went to our church Super Bowl party. Let me first say, it was SO much fun because I love my church family and it's impossible to not have fun with them. However, the fare for the evening was a nacho bar (which I love) and I could not have one bite of it :( I brought some snacks to keep my cravings at bay, but it was SO hard to watch everyone eat some delicious nachos and there I was munching on a brown rice cake and water. I was having such a hard time I almost started crying because it was just SO difficult to not be enjoying the food with everyone else. I abstained though, and I'm feeling good about it. Looking forward to seeing if all the sacrifices I made this weekend will show on the scale when I weigh in for the Biggest Loser at work tomorrow. I sure hope so!!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. A short blog about today will be coming later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment