Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just About Halfway!!

Well Friends, I am just about halfway through this detox!! I can't believe how quickly the first 10 days have gone. I thought this whole process was going to be torture (and at times it has been) but all in all, it's been an eye opening experience. I'm learning that there is sugar in just about EVERYTHING. Seriously. Store bought chicken broth, sugar. Canned veggies, sugar. Canned beans, sugar. Bacon, sugar (even plain and Turkey bacon). Sugar is in EVERYTHING. It's kind of ridiculous. So, shopping has become very interesting. If I take nothing else from this experience, I've become a more conscious shopper and I am planning to keep a lot of these new habits once the detox is over. Thus far, since my initial weigh in with ladies at church, I've lost 7 pounds. Since I've started the detox I've lost 5. I'm pretty happy with that number. If I can mirror that number with my remaining time on the detox, I will be a happy camper!

Day 9 was pretty uneventful. I had some soup for lunch (and dinner) and had some air popped popcorn for a snack that evening. It was a pretty normal day with not much to report.

Day 10 has been pretty normal thus far too. I'm having soup for lunch and I think I'm going to try to make a curried chicken for dinner tonight. I found a SUPER simple recipe online that I'm going to try and serve it over some brown rice. I think I'll make a veggie too just to add some color to the plate!!

I found a recipe the other day too that I think I'm going to try sometime this weekend. It's White Beans and Turkey breast in a slow cooker all day. It's got some yummy seasonings and spices in it. It sounded promising and since I FINALLY found a chicken broth with no sugar added to it, I can make soups and other such delicious fare all day long!!

Here's to the second "half-ish" of my detox journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment