Thursday, February 2, 2012

Days 4 and 5

So, I didn't have a chance to blog about my day yesterday, so here it is a day late!

I'm feeling really good so far! Yesterday I started with the regular, light breakfast. I had snackies for lunch again. I chopped up some colorful peppers and had those. I also have been enjoying celery and carrots (in moderation). Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day for us, so I had leftover brown rice pasta and meat sauce for dinner again. I'm still trying to work on getting food made in advance so that on days when Kevin and I are really busy, we have more options for things to just throw in the microwave. We had our church small group to our place last night, so in order to not tempt myself to eat dessert, I made an apple crisp (for the first time) because fruit dessert doesn't usually do anything for me. I think it turned out okay (I don't know for sure because I didn't have any). In fact, the hardest thing not to take part in last night was the coffee (I don't like black coffee so I've basically stopped making it). All in all, I'm feeling good. I've lost 4 pounds in the last week or two. So, I'm already feeling good about that!! Hopefully it will be followed by at least 6 more in the 16 days I have left!!

So far, day 5 is going well. I'm having snackies for lunch AGAIN but tonight, I'm going to make what I think is going to be a delicious dinner. I'm going to make fajita chicken and veggies and serve it over cilantro lime brown rice! I am going to have two different types of onion and four different types of peppers as well as some delicious spices on the chicken!! I think all in all it's going to make for an incredible dinner. More on that tomorrow, I guess.

So far, I'm feeling great about this whole thing. I think the first big test will be this weekend. This will be my first whole weekend on the detox and I'm nervous that I will cheat. We have a Super Bowl party to attend as well as a hockey game for a friend's birthday. The temptations will be high, but I KNOW I want to succeed with this detox, so I am going to fight them as much as I can. Here's to trying to eat well in a world full of yummy, terrible food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment